Released on December 2, 2020
The US added 307,000 private-sector jobs in November when compared to October, according to the ADP National Employment Report released today. It was the lowest month-over-month gain since July.
“While November saw employment gains, the pace continues to slow,” said Ahu Yildirmaz, VP and co-head of the ADP Research Institute. Still, job growth remained positive across all industries.
The number of private-sector jobs totaled 119.7 million in November, according to the report.
Here are the 307,000 jobs added in November by sector:
- Goods-producing, up 31,000
- Natural resources/mining, up 1,000
- Construction, up 22,000
- Manufacturing, up 8,000
- Service-providing, up 276,000
- Trade/transportation/utilities, up 31,000
- Information, flat
- Financial activities, up 8,000
- Professional/business services, up 55,000
- Professional/technical services, up 18,000
- Management of companies/enterprises, up 1,000
- Administrative/support services, up 36,000
- Education/health services, up 69,000
- Healthcare/social assistance, up 60,000
- Education, up 9,000
- Leisure/hospitality, up 95,000
- Other services, up 18,000
Original author: Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) | Daily News